Caboodle Terms and Conditions
"Prohibited Content" means the content specified as such and as determined in accordance with clause 4 of these Terms, under Acceptable Use Policy.
"Sign up" and "create account" mean registering on the Website and/or agreeing to receive emails from National Book Tokens.
"Terms" means these Caboodle Terms and Conditions.
"We", "us" and "our" mean Book Tokens Ltd., a company registered in England & Wales with company number 379411.
"Caboodle" and “Website” means this website and its emails: https://caboodle.nationalbooktokens.com
"You" and "your" mean the person using Caboodle under these Terms.
1. Your Access to Caboodle
By accessing or using Caboodle, you agree that you have read and understood the Terms and that you agree to them. Your continued access to and/or use of Caboodle will mean that you agree to be bound by the most current version of the Terms as may be updated from time to time.
- Using Caboodle (including creating an account, receiving emails from National Book Tokens, entering competitions and prize draws, claiming rewards and benefits), is only available to persons who are aged 16 and above, and who are UK and Republic of Ireland residents (including the Channel Islands), except employees of the Booksellers Association and Book Tokens Ltd., their families, employees of participating bookshops, and anyone else connected with the Booksellers Association.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on Caboodle for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on Caboodle is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
- Neither we nor our affiliates make any representation that materials on Caboodle are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom or Ireland, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access Caboodle from other locations do so under their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties will submit to exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
2. Changes to Caboodle
You acknowledge and accept that we may from time to time alter any aspect of Caboodle as we think fit and without notice to you.
3. Changes to the Terms
We may change these terms by updating this page without notice. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
4. Acceptable Use Policy
1. It is a condition of use of Caboodle that you will not post any Prohibited Content on any section of the Website as set out below. Prohibited Content includes (but is not limited to):
- falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party;
- content or links to websites that are unlawful, obscene, indecent, profane, defamatory, libellous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, in breach of privacy or confidence or encourage such conduct and/or that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to breach of contract, break any law, or are otherwise inappropriate;
- any illegal or unauthorised copy of work protected by a third party's copyright, including but not limited to providing pirated computer programmes or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files, or any encouragement to do so;
- material that is otherwise subject to third party rights unless you have the relevant permission to use such material and publish it on the Website;
- impersonation of another person;
- advertisements or solicitations of business; or
- personal information about another person and/or attempts to solicit personal information from anyone.
2. Any content which includes any of the content set out at clause 4.1 is Prohibited Content. We may, in our absolute discretion, deem any other content not listed in clause 4.1 to be Prohibited Content. We may edit, move or delete any content that you provide at our sole discretion (whether or not it is Prohibited Content).
3. We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action against anyone who, in our opinion, is in breach of this Acceptable Use Policy, and in particular, posts Prohibited Content. Such action includes, but is not limited to, reporting the Prohibited Content and your details to the appropriate law enforcement agencies and removing the Prohibited Content from the Website.
4. We reserve the right to suspend your account or terminate your access to the Website, if you are, in our absolute discretion, deemed to have infringed this Acceptable Use Policy.
5. If you believe that any content displayed on Caboodle contains Prohibited Content, please notify us immediately by contacting us at https://caboodle.nationalbooktokens.com/cs/new-enquiry?q=51. We will consider your notification and if we consider it to be appropriate we will take all reasonable steps to remove the Prohibited Content complained about within a reasonable time.
6. Duplicate accounts created using an alternative email address are not permitted. You may only create one account per person. We reserve the right to remove or suspend accounts if we feel you have tried to abuse Caboodle in any way or believe that you are in violation of this Acceptable Use Policy.
7. You may only sign up once and may not authorise others to use your account except as specifically permitted in relation to particular activities (for example, if you are asked to allow your child to play the Book Island Challenge or read a children's Book Doctor article).
8. You are responsible for all use of Caboodle on your account whether by you or a third party, whether or not authorised. If you have reason to suspect your account has become compromised, please notify us immediately here: https://caboodle.nationalbooktokens.com/cs/new-enquiry?q=51
5. Website Links
- Caboodle may incorporate links to other websites of third parties. Such links are provided for your convenience only, and their provision does not constitute an authorisation by us to you to access such third party websites, nor an endorsement of the content of such third party websites by us. You acknowledge that the use of such third party websites is governed by the terms and conditions of use as applicable to such websites.
- You acknowledge and accept that we are not, and will not be held responsible for any damages, loss, costs or expenses arising from the use of such third party websites or products or services available through such third party websites.
We take your online privacy seriously. However, although we use appropriate encrypted security software on the Website, the security of information transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Any losses incurred or sustained by you as a result of transmitting information by means of email or other internet link will be borne solely and exclusively by you.
7. Additional Rules
Caboodle will include various competitions, prize draws, and other features that are each governed by additional terms and conditions. Please read those terms and conditions, posted or linked at each feature, before participating in them, as they form part of these Terms to which you agree through your continued use of this site.
8. Your Caboodle Account
- In order to create a Caboodle, you need to register your details with us. You must provide us with accurate and complete information as indicated on the sign up screen, and it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to that information.
- Upon creating an account on Caboodle, you will choose a password. None of our employees will ever ask you for this password. Do not disclose this password to anyone under any circumstances whatsoever.
- You are responsible for all use of your account details and for preventing unauthorised use of your account. If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorised use of your ID or any payment information you must notify us immediately by contacting https://caboodle.nationalbooktokens.com/cs/new-enquiry?q=51
- When you sign up to Caboodle, you will automatically be opted in to emails from National Book Tokens. Caboodle is primarily an email programme and to get the full benefit of Caboodle, you need to be opted in to receive emails. However, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences: https://caboodle.nationalbooktokens.com/preferences
10. Intellectual Property Rights
- Caboodle contains material that is owned or licensed by us. You may not copy, reproduce, upload, post, distribute, republish, retransmit, or modify in any way any of the material on the website or emails, including computer code and software.
- All brand names, product names and titles used on Caboodle are trade names, and in some instances trademarks, of their respective holders. No permission is given in respect of use of any of the above, and such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
- By inputting data, posting comments and messages, sending emails, submitting content, uploading data or files or otherwise communicating with us through Caboodle (each a "Communication"), you are granting us a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free, unrestricted worldwide licence to use, display, sublicense, adapt, create derivative works from, transmit and copy such Communication and you waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of it. The foregoing grant shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such Communication, including but not limited to rights under trademark, copyright, service mark or patent laws in any relevant jurisdiction in any media.
11. Comments on how we may improve our service to you
We aim to provide outstanding customer service. If you have any comments about the service you have received from us, please contact us using the form below.
12. Contact Us
For comments relating to Caboodle generally, please contact us at: https://caboodle.nationalbooktokens.com/cs/new-enquiry?q=51
These terms and conditions were last reviewed September 2023.