Win the Costa Book Awards longlist and £10 to spend in Costa
Perk yourself up this January with an incredible book and a delicious cup of coffee! We've got 10 sets of all 20 books longlisted for the Costa Book Awards to give away, plus a £10 Costa gift card.
From This Must Be the Place to The Essex Serpent, the shortlist highlighted a wonderful range of books, including the five marvellous category winners, announced on 3rd January:
- Francis Spufford won the Costa First Novel Award for Golden Hill, an historical novel set in 18th century New York
- Sebastian Barry won the Costa Novel Award with Days Without End which the judges called ‘a miracle of a book’
- Debut non-fiction writer Keggie Carew scooped the Costa Biography Award for Dadland, the result of Carew’s 10-year race to unravel the truth about her father’s past as he slips into dementia
- Alice Oswald collected the Costa Poetry Award for Falling Awake
- Brian Conaghan took the Costa Children’s Book Award for The Bombs That Brought Us Together
Plus the Costa Book of the Year will be announced on 31st January!
This competition has now closed. Winners will be notified shortly.
Terms and Conditions
10 x winners will receive all 20 books longlisted for the 2016 Costa Book Awards, plus a £10 Costa gift card:
Sebastian Barry - Days Without End
Maggie O’Farrell - This Must Be the Place
Sarah Perry - The Essex Serpent
Rose Tremain - The Gustav Sonata
Susan Beale - The Good Guy
Kit de Waal - My Name Is Leon
Guinevere Glasfurd - The Words in My Hand
Francis Spufford - Golden Hill
Keggie Carew - Dadland: A Journey Into Uncharted Territory
John Guy - Elizabeth: The Forgotten Years
Hisham Matar - The Return: Fathers, Sons and the Land in Between
Sylvia Patterson - I’m Not With the Band: A Writer’s Life Lost in Music
Melissa Lee-Houghton - Sunshine
Alice Oswald - Falling Awake
Denise Riley - Say Something Back
Kate Tempest - Let Them Eat Chaos
Brian Conaghan - The Bombs That Brought Us Together
Patrice Lawrence - Orangeboy
Francesca Simon - The Monstrous Child
Ross Welford - Time Travelling With a Hamster
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- The prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Closing date 11:59pm, Thursday 9th February 2017.
- In the event of a winner not responding when contacted via email after 14 days, we reserve the right to allocate the prize to another winner.
- The competition is open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents except employees of the Booksellers Association, Book Tokens Ltd and employees of participating bookshops.
- By entering, entrants acknowledge that this competition is a game of chance, which does not involve exercising any skill or judgement.
- Entrants agree to Book Tokens Ltd using their details in post-competition publicity. Your details will not be used for any other purpose, or passed onto any third parties, unless specified.
- The promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Promoter: Book Tokens Ltd, 6 Bell Yard, London, WC2A 2JR.